Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking,rec.crafts.woodturning,sci.engr.joining.welding

Default Selecting Machines For A Home Shop

Say you want to setup a home shop for both metal and wood
working....what older American or European machines would you choose
to populate the shop with? In a home shop environment, the size of the
work envelope can vary greatly with the work done so a number of
different candidates exist for the same function performed.

With welders, I would consider that newer machines might be more
desirable.

I have listed what categories I would consider might be wanted in a
combination metal and wood work shop for the serious hobbist.

I look forward to hearing of your choices and the reasons why.

And feel free to add any tool that I might have forgotten.

Thanks

TMT

= Metalworking
- vertical mill