Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

Default flooding in basement - need help fast!

On Mar 2, 10:30 am, "gpsman" wrote:
On Mar 2, 10:02 am, "Joe" wrote:

the waste pipe for my sump pump disconnected last night and I have 3
inches of water in my basement. I managed to reconnect the pipe, my
question is how long can I have my pump run continuously before it
needs a break. It's a small pump.

Just run it until it breaks, or until the smoke starts leaking out,
whichever comes first.

Pumping water without much pressure isn't much work and what these
pumps are designed to do. Repeatedly starting and stopping is harder
on a motor.
-----

- gpsman

thanks, this is my first flood. Any tips on what I need to do? The
water is down to about 1" now, provided the pump keeps working what
other tools will I need to get my basement back to normal? I guess I
should get a wet dry vac for the water that doesn't make it to the
pump, anything else before I go?