Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Redelfs Jim Redelfs is offline

Default SawStop New Table Saw Safety Technology

In article , (Dave Martindale)
wrote:

But if you have a glove on the other hand, you still don't have a
conductive path, and the brake doesn't activate.

I believe this is incorrect. I do not recall there needs to be a complete
CIRCUIT to activate the stopping mechanism. I watched all the videos (to my
interest and sometimes amazement) and recall it was capacitance technology or
something similar.

It doesn't do anything about kickback, for example.

The SawStop, according to their website, DOES address kickback - very
effectively, IIRC.
--

JR

No project too small