Posted to uk.d-i-y
Homer2911 Homer2911 is offline

Default When dishwashers go bad

On 2 Mar, 15:04, "aboleth" wrote:
My dishwasher has of late, but wherefore I know not, lost all it's,
um, dishwasherlines. Especially on the top shelf, things are coming
out speckled with lots of tiny particles of dried on grot. I'm
thinking some part of the grot-filtering must be amiss, and perhaps
the top shelf pipe dips deeper in the the grot-sump than the bottom
shelf pipe.But the bit at the bottom where the water goes is all
screwed together with torx screws and looks a bit scary. Does anyone
have any suggestions? I don't want a flood or a broken dishwasher.

Cheers

John

Usually happens when the arms are not free to rotate - blocked with
bits of bone or even grease. Do they turn freely, and are their
driving jets free of all bits.

You could, as a last resort, do what we did at Hoover to check machine
operation, which was to fashion a perpex door to allow us to view what
went on inside.

Regards

Ex Hoover design engineer