Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default SawStop New Table Saw Safety Technology

On Fri, 02 Mar 2007 02:31:06 GMT, "Edwin Pawlowski"
wrote:

Yet, because you
think you can't get hurt by the blade, you're going to be more casual
about working with the saw than if you *know* it will take your hand off
in a fraction of a second. You could end up more likely to be injured
than with a conventional table saw.

Does your car have seatbelts and air bags? Did it change your driving
habits? Another silly argument.

I haven't heard this about airbags and seatbelts that I can remember,
but I definitely heard that all-wheel drive or ABS had resulted in
people driving faster.

This is not to say I'm against safety devices. Although I am against
seat belt laws for adults, but not because I think seatbelts are
unsafe.

"Ban food with transfat. Prevent deaths from second-hand fat."