Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Homer J Simpson Homer J Simpson is offline

Default re-wiring Gaggia Coffee Espresso?

"clifto" wrote in message

The voltage between the two hot pins on any given GFI in my kitchen is
0.0 volts. Either hot to either neutral is 122.1 VAC. I don't deal with
GFIs a lot, but I don't remember seeing a way to split the hot on a GFI
and so don't know how there could be 200+ volts between the hot pins.
I do believe that GFIs are required in the kitchen nowadays.

Did you measure the right (smaller) pins? Try either pin to ground to find
the hot pins.

You should have two GFIs feeding the kitchen. Have they changed the code in
your state?