Posted to alt.home.repair
Freud Freud is offline

Default Adding underfloor radiant heating with PEX?

Hi:
We're remodeling the bathroom in our small 1930s house. I'd like to put
radiant heating in to replace the radiator that's there now. From my
reading, I'm thinking of adding loops of oxygen-barrier PEX under the
floor (easily accessible from the unfinished basement) and tying it into
our existing natural gas hot water boiler radiator system. The system is
closed loop with iron pipes and radiators. I was thinking of using heat
spreaders & then insulating below the tubing. Does anyone have any
advice on this? Am I likely to need a tempering valve to reduce the
temperature of the water in the system? Are heat spreaders unnecessary?
Any problems with tying into the iron pipes?
Thanks in advance,
Freud