Posted to sci.electronics.repair
bigjuggler bigjuggler is offline

Default re-wiring Gaggia Coffee Espresso?

Wow. You guys are AMAZING!

The wiring schematic is of great help. The tech told me he could not
find one and I waited a week while he could not get one sent to him,
and you guys direct me to it within a few hours. Sheesh.

I think the tech wanted to replace ALL wires. He said that the 220
wires are thinner and get warm. He also did not seem to know where
the refurbisher when wrong, so he wanted to replace everything and
wire the way it should be for 110.

What you are saying about the the wiring being "in series" instead of
"in parallel" I think would make a lot of sense to the him. He
initially thought that somewhere "two wires had been reversed" which
lead to a "return of power". I think this meant his testing indicated
that heating elements were not receiving all the power. Which sounds
like what you are saying.

He further said that the refurbisher seems to have just replaced all
the components and then hooked the wiring up as it was, which he said
is wrong and again, seems to be what you are diagnosing here.

Thank you for the insight. I have the machine back now. I am plannning
on returning it to the original seller. I suspect he does not want to
give me my money back. So I guess I should ask him to wire it in
parallel instead of in series and I should be good to go.

Thanks again.

-------------= Posted from Ugroups.com =-------------
---= Fast & Free Web Portal to Usenet Newsgroups =---