Posted to sci.electronics.repair
default default is offline

Default Silencing a humming transformer ( + ACDC adaptor that blew )

On 28 Feb 2007 17:54:33 -0800, "
wrote:

On 1 Mar, 01:00, **THE-RFI-EMI-GUY** wrote:
Did anyone notice he was using JB Weld epoxy? I think that stuff has
metal particles in it!

I haven't used it yet. I have a few cheap rubbish ACDC adaptors most
or all of which make a noise. I broke one as described, but i'll try
to experiment on the others too.

http://jbweld.net/products/jbstik.php
it says it's an insulator.

I will reply to my post with links to pictures of the transformer.

snip

We used aluminum filled epoxy to make nearly bulletproof modules for a
military contractor. The aluminum made it transfer heat well - but
some of the modules would fail the high potential test as a result of
the metal content.

An unfilled epoxy would be safer. or mix some non- conductive non
flammable filler in like sand or chopped glass or ceramic micro
balloons,