Alan Darlington

Default Is This A Daft Idea???

Hi Folks,

I need to extend our living room chimney breast by about 60mm to
centralise our new fireplace around the opening - the breast is only
about 150mm deep the most. I have been thinking of ways to do it and
have come up with the idea of using a piece of 'L' section plastic
similar to plastic soffit. This should be relatively easy to fit and
will give a nice crisp edge to the corner of the breast. Hopefully it
won't swell or expand with changes in temp/humidity etc. It will also
aid running cables inside it. Ideally I'm looking for a supplier in
the Wirral/Chester/Liverpool area. It needs to be about 30mm by 150mm
section by about 2.5 M and about 6-10 mm thick. Is this a daft idea?
Has anyone got any other ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Alan