Posted to sci.electronics.repair
**THE-RFI-EMI-GUY** **THE-RFI-EMI-GUY** is offline

Default Silencing a humming transformer ( + ACDC adaptor that blew )

It does say it has "steel reinforcement" in it. To what extent it might
mess with a linear or swiching power supply, I couldn't guess. I would
use a different epoxy if in doubt.

wrote:

On 1 Mar, 01:00, **THE-RFI-EMI-GUY** wrote:

Did anyone notice he was using JB Weld epoxy? I think that stuff has
metal particles in it!

I haven't used it yet. I have a few cheap rubbish ACDC adaptors most
or all of which make a noise. I broke one as described, but i'll try
to experiment on the others too.

http://jbweld.net/products/jbstik.php
it says it's an insulator.

I will reply to my post with links to pictures of the transformer.

snip

--
Joe Leikhim K4SAT
"The RFI-EMI-GUY"©