Posted to alt.home.repair
beecrofter beecrofter is offline

Default Baseboard radiator covers

On Feb 28, 1:43 pm, "elanamig" wrote:
Hello, all,

I have baseboard radiators in my house (Gas/HW heating). My toddler
is constantly popping them off by crashing cars, etc into them. (The
covers look exactly like the "Ugly Heaters" images on this website's
homepage:http://www.go-overboard.com/index.htm)

So I'm looking for radiator covers that are more permanent and child-
safe (i.e. cannot be popped open without a screw driver or
considerable dexterity of an adult).

Would anyone have any recomendations? Anything that can be bought at
HomeDepot or Lowes? I found a bunch of products online (for example:http://www.go-overboard.com/index.htm ), and ads look great, but I'm
not sure if that's exactly what is needed.

Any help is greatly appreciated!!

Thank you very much!
Elana

Go to a real hardware store or a sheet metal shop and obtain some
"tek" screws, these are self drilling self tapping sheet metal screws
that go in when you spin them with drill that has the appropriate
screwdriver bit. They unscrew just like any other screw if the need
arises
Apply them where the sheet metal overlaps.