Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Baseboard radiator covers

Hello, all,

I have baseboard radiators in my house (Gas/HW heating). My toddler
is constantly popping them off by crashing cars, etc into them. (The
covers look exactly like the "Ugly Heaters" images on this website's
homepage: http://www.go-overboard.com/index.htm)

So I'm looking for radiator covers that are more permanent and child-
safe (i.e. cannot be popped open without a screw driver or
considerable dexterity of an adult).

Would anyone have any recomendations? Anything that can be bought at
HomeDepot or Lowes? I found a bunch of products online (for example:
http://www.go-overboard.com/index.htm ), and ads look great, but I'm
not sure if that's exactly what is needed.

Any help is greatly appreciated!!

Thank you very much!
Elana

Posted to alt.home.repair

"elanamig" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello, all,

I have baseboard radiators in my house (Gas/HW heating). My toddler
is constantly popping them off by crashing cars, etc into them. (The
covers look exactly like the "Ugly Heaters" images on this website's
homepage: http://www.go-overboard.com/index.htm)

So I'm looking for radiator covers that are more permanent and child-
safe (i.e. cannot be popped open without a screw driver or
considerable dexterity of an adult).

Would anyone have any recomendations? Anything that can be bought at
HomeDepot or Lowes? I found a bunch of products online (for example:
http://www.go-overboard.com/index.htm ), and ads look great, but I'm
not sure if that's exactly what is needed.

Any help is greatly appreciated!!

Thank you very much!
Elana

Go to this web site, get the company's phone number, and call them. They
should be able to offer some advice.
www.slantfin.com

My childhood home (1960s) had their radiators. I remember my father cursing
up a storm trying to get them OFF occasionally, so they must've been pretty
well attached.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Feb 28, 1:43 pm, "elanamig" wrote:
Hello, all,

I have baseboard radiators in my house (Gas/HW heating). My toddler
is constantly popping them off by crashing cars, etc into them. (The
covers look exactly like the "Ugly Heaters" images on this website's
homepage:http://www.go-overboard.com/index.htm)

So I'm looking for radiator covers that are more permanent and child-
safe (i.e. cannot be popped open without a screw driver or
considerable dexterity of an adult).

Would anyone have any recomendations? Anything that can be bought at
HomeDepot or Lowes? I found a bunch of products online (for example:http://www.go-overboard.com/index.htm ), and ads look great, but I'm
not sure if that's exactly what is needed.

Any help is greatly appreciated!!

Thank you very much!
Elana

Go to a real hardware store or a sheet metal shop and obtain some
"tek" screws, these are self drilling self tapping sheet metal screws
that go in when you spin them with drill that has the appropriate
screwdriver bit. They unscrew just like any other screw if the need
arises
Apply them where the sheet metal overlaps.

radiator covers? mo Home Repair 1 October 22nd 06 11:43 PM
How to temporarily remove baseboard radiator covers? [email protected] Home Repair 2 October 17th 06 03:46 PM
Radiator Covers! [email protected] UK diy 9 October 15th 06 12:13 AM
Wood Radiator Covers MathWhiz Home Repair 2 September 3rd 06 06:30 PM
Radiator Covers Martin UK diy 13 January 25th 04 11:47 AM