Posted to sci.electronics.repair
James Sweet James Sweet is offline

Default Silencing a humming transformer ( + ACDC adaptor that blew )

wrote:
On 1 Mar, 01:00, **THE-RFI-EMI-GUY** wrote:

Did anyone notice he was using JB Weld epoxy? I think that stuff has
metal particles in it!

I haven't used it yet. I have a few cheap rubbish ACDC adaptors most
or all of which make a noise. I broke one as described, but i'll try
to experiment on the others too.

http://jbweld.net/products/jbstik.php
it says it's an insulator.

I will reply to my post with links to pictures of the transformer.

snip

Regardless there's a lot easier epoxies to use. JB Weld is very thick
paste, you can get liquid epoxy resins which will be much easier to pour
into something.