Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default Weird Attic Smell

On Wed, 28 Feb 2007 12:12:48 -0500, mm
wrote:

Now, I've been up there so
much, I don't think I'm totaly capable of being cautious, so I put a
hard hat up there to wear if I go to where the roof is low.

This is wrong. It's not that I got more comfortable and less
cautious. It's that the roofer used longer nails this time and I
learned to be careful with the shorter nails. Maybe if I could see the
nails, I would relearn quickly, but it seems to be taking as long, as
many hits (3 to 5), to learn the second time as it did to learn the
first time. Plus he might have even used more nails, with his
pneumatic nail gun, than the original roofer did in 1979 (or did they
use pneumatic tools then too, in a townhouse development with 100
townhouses?)