Posted to rec.woodworking
[email protected] cselby@mts.net is offline

Default Riser block for Delta 28-276

Currently, the Jet one is
on sale close to me and I was wondering if (since they all look very
similar) it would fit the Delta or not? If anyone has any experience/
advice using a non-Delta riser with the Delta saw, I'd appreciate it.

Besides the riser, there is a return blade guard , a longer upper
guide rod/bar/pipe and a longer upper guide bar blade cover. While
the riser may very well fit (using some calcutated adjusting) the
remaining stuff may not.

If you can, open the box of parts at the store and measure the return
blade guard mountings and the size/type of upper guide bar. Or check
to make sure you can return the kit, then buy it, lay it all out in
front of the saw and make your decision to try and fit it on.

Sure would look goofy if the return blade guard was exposing the blade
and you just barely managed to brush up against it even when not
running the saw.

Pete