Posted to uk.d-i-y
Sylvain VAN DER WALDE Sylvain VAN DER WALDE is offline

Default Damage to party wall

"Styx" wrote in message news:45e4cec5.0@entanet...
Sylvain VAN DER WALDE wrote:
"Styx" wrote in message news:45e4870e.0@entanet...
Sylvain VAN DER WALDE wrote:

This work was being carried out by a young foreigner, without immediate
supervision.
What the hell is "a young foreigner"? You mean someone with a differing
ethnic background to yourself? Or perhaps you had the opportunity to
examine his nationality documents? Is this another of your thinly veiled
racist posts that develops into a thread where you deny being a racist?

**** off! Troll!

Sylvain.

Well, I guess there's a first time for everything. However, that still
doesn't excuse you for having to pointlessly mention the possible national
status of an individual when that status, for the issue being discussed,
is *entirely* irrelevant. What difference does it make what ethnicity the
worker is? Do you think that if he spoke Queen's English and had Caucasian
complexion then his technique wouldn't have mattered?

It's not like you don't have a history of such leading racist comments,
Sylvain, such as your ' "Manners maketh man" A short tale. ' post in this
very group on Jan 2nd 2007. What is it, can you just not help but judge
people on what colour their skin is, or what accent they speak with?

If you think that someone pointing out your racist tendencies makes that
person a troll, then so be it - I'll be a troll. But I'd rather that than
a closet racist.

That's a much more reasonable reply.
First of all, if I really was a racist in this country, I would hide behind
a nickname, as you do. As it is, my name and other details, are genuine.
I'm sure that there is a valid reason for the way I write (I really can't be
bothered to dwell deeply into it), but it has nothing to do with racism.
I'm honoured that you've remembered my earlier posts.

Sylvain.
Styx