Posted to alt.home.repair
Andy Asberry Andy Asberry is offline

Default Natual gas vs propane, which is hotter

On 25 Feb 2007 10:59:48 -0800, "
wrote:

Theres a discussion on alt.home repair, about convertiung natural gas
grills to propane. My experience is the propane contains more BTUs and
seers steaks better.

A good friend works at sears and reports they hate selling natural gas
grills, since so many get returned with not hot enough complaints.

So I would appreciate the experts here at the barbecue group to give
us their opinions.

my opinion is that even with different orfices propane will be hotter
thn natural gas.....

The difference in pressure has been brought up. Because of the lower
pressure, NG requires a larger supply line. And the longer the run,
the larger it needs.

--Andy Asberry--