Posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living,alt.home.repair,misc.rural
Matthew Beasley Matthew Beasley is offline

Default Preparing for Power Outages?

"Thomas D. Horne, FF EMT" wrote in message
nk.net...

That said the previous posters statement that the lack of familiarity is
what makes them dangerous rings true to me. Be advised that it heresy for
a firefighter to say this but I think that combustible liquid fueled
lanterns and solid candle lanterns could be used safely.

I would recommend wall mounts for kerosene lanterns. That eliminates the
possibility of pet or child caused tip overs.