Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default Refinishing a Cheap Ikea Bed Frame

On 27 Feb 2007 08:46:18 -0800, "BobK207" wrote:

Refinishing this bed frame would be like "putting a $50 saddle on a $5
horse"

About 30 years ago, I bought a 50 dollar lock for 10 dollar bicycle.
I still have the lock, still have the bike, and it was worth it for
me. **The bike was built from parts from 6 other bikes found in the
trash. I spent 10 dollars for a luggage rack, that usually doesn't
come with new bikes anyhow.

Check out craigslist.org in your area for a really cheap replacement
or even a beat up real wood frame that WOULD be worth refinishing.
If you want to do the refinishing thing, start with something worth
refinishing.

OTOH, this is not bad advice either.