Posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living,alt.home.repair,misc.rural
Toller Toller is offline

Default Preparing for Power Outages?

wrote in message
In article ,
says...

"Jonathan Grobe" wrote in message
We just had a ice storm and I had no electricity for 22 hours. I
was mostly unprepared and didn't like the experience at all.

What are you doing to prepare for this?

The first thing to do is to decide what you need to have (light, heat,
refrigerator, television, airconditioning...) and what you are prepared
pay for it.

Television? "Need"? I've never owned one.

You obviously don't have children, at least not young boys. When the
college championship basketball game is on and no one in the area has
electricity, a TV and a generator to power it is a necessity. I had the
whole neighborhood over.