Posted to rec.woodworking
foggytown foggytown is offline

Default Soul-searching question we must all ask ourselves

If I have to use filler (even a little bit) am I a failure? Not as
fatuous as it sounds, actually. I had a friend who reckoned that the
less he spent on filler, the more skillful he was becoming at
woodworking. OTOH another friend of mine had a cabinet full of
different types and colors. His philosophy was that getting close and
then tuning up with filler was entirely legitimate and, in fact, part
of the woodworker's craft. As long as it's well filled, the look
achievd is the important thing. (BTW I am including sawdust mixed
with glue in the definition of "filler".) Personally, I'll use a
little as long as it isn't noticeable.

FoggyTown