Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Refinishing a Cheap Ikea Bed Frame

wrote in message
oups.com...

What does the wood look like? Particle board, or solid wood?

The "real" wood underneath the contact paper looks like thick particle
board.

If you can remove the vinyl fake wood stuff completely, and sand the wood
enough to produce a surface with no remaining adhesive, you might be able to
apply a nice wood veneer. If I were you, I'd post this same question in
another newsgroup, rec.woodworking. You'll probably be buried in response by
tonight.

Something to consider: The cost of the tools needed to do the job may be
higher than buying a better wooden bed frame, or a nice solid metal one.

Another option would be a dust ruffle to hide the ugly frame. I hate dust
ruffles, but some people think they're great.