Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] seglie@gmail.com is offline

Default Refinishing a Cheap Ikea Bed Frame

Hello,
I have a cheap but reliable simple Ikea box bed frame. It originally
came with that fancy wood grained style contact paper glue to the
particle board type wood to give the "rich and famous look" without
spending much money. After multiple moves, the contact paper is
tearing off and I was hoping the group might have some suggestions for
how to cover up the tattered mess. I have considered contact paper
again or possibly buying some thin wood and gluing/nailing it around
the outside. The parts that need to be covered are the outside facing
wood (largest surface area) and the 1" width of the same piece of wood
that faces up.

Any thoughts are appreciated.

Thanks!