Posted to rec.woodworking
marc rosen marc rosen is offline

Default Riser block for Delta 28-276

Hello danbo,
Following in Toller's footsteps it would be wise to attempt sawing the
6 inch material first. I added a riser to my Delta 14 inch and
noticed how underpowered it was with the original motor (i/2 hp, about
1989 vintage)
Yours has a 3/4 hp which should be an improvement but I did not get
satisfactory results until I added a 1.5 hp.
Unless you plan future resawing endeavors it may be better to hire
someone to do the cutting for you- I'm certain it would cost a lot
less for someone to resaw this if you had to pay to get it done.
Marc