Posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living,alt.home.repair,misc.rural
Gary Heston Gary Heston is offline

Default Preparing for Power Outages?

In article ,
(PeteCresswell) wrote:
Per Edwin Pawlowski:
What type of heater that does not need power?

Gas log in the fireplace.

I have gas convection wall heaters, which use a micropile (thermocouple
in the pilot flame) to provide power for the thermostat. No fan, no
mains power required. Water heater also doesn't need mains power, so
if there's an extended outage, I'm warm and can take a nice hot shower.

Last time that happened, my co-workers with all-electric houses hated me.

"What cold shower?"

Gary

--
Gary Heston http://www.thebreastcancersite.com/

"The message should go out loud and clear that we are a tolerant country
and we will not tolerate racism in this country." Tony Blair, UK PM