Posted to rec.woodworking
danbo danbo is offline

Default Riser block for Delta 28-276

I have a Delta 28-276 bandsaw, which I'm hoping to do a little (read
enough to pay for the cost of throwing away 1/2" of planer shavings on
about 40 bf of maple) re-sawing. Of course, as everyone else who has
ambitiously looked to do so with a 14" saw, the limitation of the 6"
is frustrating. So, I was planning on getting a riser block and a
105" blade to do some 9" maple re-sawing. But, in looking at the
Delta riser block kit, it's almost $120. I see the Jet/Powermatic and
other generic ones for around half of that. Currently, the Jet one is
on sale close to me and I was wondering if (since they all look very
similar) it would fit the Delta or not? If anyone has any experience/
advice using a non-Delta riser with the Delta saw, I'd appreciate it.

thanks,

danbo