Posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living,alt.home.repair,misc.rural
mm mm is offline

Default Preparing for Power Outages?

On Mon, 26 Feb 2007 16:29:19 -0600, Jim Rusling
wrote:

mm wrote:

On Mon, 26 Feb 2007 01:24:18 -0600, Jim Rusling
wrote:

I wrote:
I didn't know that. I apologize for giving bad info. I even have
three cordless vtech phones that someone at a hamfest sold me for 2
dollars (wihtout batteries) and they have the battery in the base, but
I thought it was just to keep a spare one charging for the handset.

Unfortunately only two of the base stations work and only one of the
phones, and it sounds bad. Are V-tech phones cheap that they should
sound bad? Maybe I should try to fix one of the other phones or
improve the sound on this one.

I really like my Vtech 2.4 GHZ. The base is also a speaker phone, but
not an answering machine.

Mine too.

The range is good and the sound quality is
very good. I have had this unit for probably 4 or 5 years now.

OK. I'll give them one more shot.