Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default What is required/best for loft felt

In article . com,
"405 TD Estate" writes:
My roof has no felt under the tiles - maybe it never did.

I assume it should have something. What is the best stuff to use, what
does it actually do (tiles are supposed to keep water out right?)

It provides a second line of defence, e.g. if a tile slips/cracks,
or if the wind is such to drive water/snow under tiles. I wouldn't
bother refelting just for the sake of it though, only if the roof
is in need of replacement for some other reason.

--
Andrew Gabriel