Posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living,alt.home.repair,misc.rural
[email protected] Usenet2007@THE-DOMAIN-IN.SIG is offline

Default Preparing for Power Outages?

In article ,
says...

"Jonathan Grobe" wrote in message
We just had a ice storm and I had no electricity for 22 hours. I
was mostly unprepared and didn't like the experience at all.

What are you doing to prepare for this?

The first thing to do is to decide what you need to have (light, heat,
refrigerator, television, airconditioning...) and what you are prepared to
pay for it.

Television? "Need"? I've never owned one.

Well, OK, I am tempted to buy the smallest, cheapest
black-and-white TeeVee that can run on torch batteries. Like six
"C" size or whatever. Just to get updates if there is an
earthquake, etc.

The only other use for a TeeVee I can imagine is to check out the
local broadcast news, to compare their spin to the wider Google
News feed.

DVDs would just need a computer without broadcast reception
ability.

--
Get Credit Where Credit Is Due
http://www.cardreport.com/