Posted to alt.food.barbecue,alt.home.repair
tom tom is offline

Default Natual gas vs propane, which is hotter

"Steve Barker" wrote in message
Did you consider turning off the tank valve whilst this alleged broken

line
burnt your house?

--
Steve Barker

"tom" wrote in message
k.net...

This has nothing to do with which is hotter but rather a potential

safety
issue. In 2000 we had the flexible connection line fail on our propane

GG
and turned the tank into a huge blow torch that proceeded to burn off

the
back of the house because there was no way to extinguish the propane

tank
till it burned itself empty. That wouldn't of happened had I had a gas
shut
off as I do now with our natural gas grill. That's why I'll never own a
propane grill again.

The 20 lb. tank that caught fire also had a shut-off but with it spewing an
8 ft flame neither myself or the firemen were able to approach it to turn it
off.