Posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living,alt.home.repair,misc.rural

Default Preparing for Power Outages?

I've been noticing that power cuts are ever so much more common.
That may very well be why. I'd not thought of that. Thank you.

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

"Frank" wrote in message
oups.com...

: My house has a well and sump pump which are critical. First
thing I did
: when I bought the house 18 months ago was to buy a 6 kW
gasoline powered
: generator, and had an electrician install a 10 breaker panel
in my basement
: and an external outlet to connect the generator to the panel.
I selected
: the 10 most critical circuits to run on the generator,
including the well
: pump, the sump pump, the fridge, and my oil furnace. I also
keep 10 gallons
: of gas in the garage. Haven't had an outage yet, but I can
sleep at night.
:
:
: I did same. Generator and panel have been in place one year
and used
: 3 times with longest outage 20 hours. It is my opinion that
the power
: infrastructure has been deteriorating over the years. We live
in a
: treed area and power company has been saving money on tree
cutting.
: Just about whole neighborhood has generators.
:
: Frank
: