Posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living,alt.home.repair,misc.rural

Default Preparing for Power Outages?

I'll admit to being surprised. After reading your common sense
posts for so long on this group, I would have figured you for the
most prepared guy on the list.

OTOH, knowing your priorities demonstrates wisdom, which is a far
greater trait.

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message
:
: I keep some candles, flashlights, kerosene lamps around, I keep
the propane
: bottles filled so we can grill if we want, but since we have a
gas range,
: only the oven is affected. City water is not a problem either.
If I lived
: in a very rural area I'd have a generator. In my entire life,
only after
: Hurricane Gloria were we without power for about 30 hours.
Longest time
: otherwise is maybe an hour. Give that 60 year history I can't
justify
: spending a lot of money for equipment.
:
: