Posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living,alt.home.repair,misc.rural

Default Preparing for Power Outages?

Sounds like the old pot style oil heater. I've heard those are
dangerous.

Wall heaters (propane fuel) might not need electric. Harbor
Freight has some vented or not-vented wall heaters that use LP,
but not electric.

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

"Dean Hoffman" wrote in message
:
: What type of heater that does not need power?
:
: My parents had a Siegler stove in the living room of
their old
: farmhouse. It burned kerosene. No fan. I think one just
threw a bit
: of wadded up newspaper in the bottom to light it.
: I had a natural gas floor furnace in one house. No fan.
The
: thermostat ran off a thermocoupler type device, I think. It
looked
: like this: http://tinyurl.com/2zeweo
:
: Dean