Posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living,alt.home.repair,misc.rural

Default Preparing for Power Outages?

I'd not thought of washing laundry before the storm. But you're
right, that needs electric.

Normally I carry a flash light in my pocket, and have one or two
in the house where I know I can find them in the dark.

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

"Janet Baraclough" wrote in message
:
: Because that bad storm was forecast, before it started I'd
run the
: laundry through the machine, made sure we had spare radio and
torch
: batteries, fitted fresh candles into their holders, and fetched
the gas
: camp stoves into the kitchen. If we get blacked out by
surprise, all
: those are always kept in the same place so we can find them in
pitch
: dark. I have oil lamps too but seldom bother with those. We
normally use
: those radio phones which don't work in a power cut, but the old
plug-in
: one does so I got that out and plugged it in.
:
:
: Janet.
: