Posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living,alt.home.repair,misc.rural
Shawn Hirn Shawn Hirn is offline

Default Preparing for Power Outages?

In article ,
Jonathan Grobe wrote:

We just had a ice storm and I had no electricity for 22 hours. I
was mostly unprepared and didn't like the experience at all.

What are you doing to prepare for this?

Another than having a flashlight, nothing. If I lost power for that
long, I would simply read by flashlight if I was stuck at home, or if I
could go out, I would just go to my parents' house, my office at work,
or visit with friends. Heating where I live is by oil, so I don't need
power to have my heat, and even if I did, I would just go sleep at my
parents' house in their guest room.

Of course, everyone's situation is different.