Posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living,alt.home.repair,misc.rural
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Preparing for Power Outages?

Jonathan Grobe wrote:

We just had a ice storm and I had no electricity for 22 hours.
I was mostly unprepared and didn't like the experience at all.

What are you doing to prepare for this?

Nothing, because we never get power outages that long.

I just read stuff on the laptop, currently Slick's memoirs, when the power is out.

I have considered getting a cheap generator, but whenever I do,
I decide that we dont get long enough power outages to justify it.
Likely I will get one anyway, they're so cheap.