Posted to alt.food.barbecue,alt.home.repair
Shawn Martin Shawn Martin is offline

Default Natural gas vs propane, which is hotter

Joseph Meehan wrote:
wrote:

Theres a discussion on alt.home repair, about convertiung natural gas
grills to propane. My experience is the propane contains more BTUs and
seers steaks better.

A good friend works at sears and reports they hate selling natural gas
grills, since so many get returned with not hot enough complaints.

So I would appreciate the experts here at the barbecue group to give
us their opinions.

my opinion is that even with different orfices propane will be hotter
thn natural gas.....

I would suggest that the difference in fuel is about 3% of the equation
and the difference of design is 97%. You don't use the same orifice for
both fuels so the results should be very similar.

Agreed. If proper orifice is used for either gas, they "should" put out
roughly the same heat. BTUs