Posted to sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair,alt.engineering.electrical
jasen jasen is offline

Default Odd 7-segment display

On 2007-02-24, Anthony Fremont wrote:

Since I dug my PIC stuff back out the other day, I've been tinkering around
with something I've wanted to do for a while. It's sort of a variation on
the propellor clock but with a pendulum, so back and forth not around. I'm
able to strobe out messages on a column of LEDs, but I'm not sure a pendulum
(even a short one) is going to swing fast enough to give a very readable
display. I may have to switch to a ceiling fan version. ;-)

if the pendulum is short enough (about 1" to centre of mass) it should
swing fast enough with gravity alone

Bye.
Jasen