Posted to alt.home.repair
Nate Nagel Nate Nagel is offline

Default Changing a light switch

Steve Barker wrote:
The code in force at the time his house was built may not have required the
GFCI, therefore he's not required to put on there upon replacement.

For that matter, whose to know anyway? (regardless of when it was built)

You can get a switch/outlet like he is suggesting with a GFCI.
Personally I think a GFCI in the bathroom is a good idea.

I know some code items you are required to follow whenever you replace a
device, like if you have a grounded box and are replacing an old 2-prong
receptacle, you are REQUIRED to use a grounded outlet. Not sure if that
is true of the GFCI receptacle, but it certainly is a good idea.

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel