Posted to alt.home.repair
gpsman gpsman is offline

Default Tile Grout Question

On Feb 24, 4:19 pm, "Ross Payne" wrote:
A few years ago, I had ceramic tile installed in my house. In several places
the grout is cracking where it meets the baseboards (it's fine everywhere
else). I have tried regrouting those areas but they crack again. One
solution I thought of it to find a caulk that's close in color to that of
the grout and put the caulk in the cracks, being careful not to overdo it.

Silicone caulk is probably the way to go. It sounds as if you already
know caulking ain't as easy as it looks on tv. You might *drag* a
credit card-sized piece of plastic dipped in water from the corners
inward to smooth and remove any excess, followed by a wet finger,
followed by a damp rag, followed by a wet finger, until you achieve
the desired result.

Less is more, as long as the joint is filled.
-----

- gpsman