Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM RBM is offline

Default Changing a light switch

Disconnect the wires from the existing switch, determine which one is the
live wire. Once you know this, connect the live wire to the side of the
combination switch-outlet that has only two brass screws with a bridge
connecting them together. The other black wire, which is the load wire, goes
to the brass screw on the opposite side of the switch. You now need to run a
white wire from the silver screw on the outlet to the two white wires
connected together with a wire nut. Install your ground wire to the green
screw and you're done. I will caution you that by current NEC , all bathroom
outlets are supposed to be GFCI protected. They do manufacture combination
switch-gfci outlets as well

wrote in message
oups.com...
I have a standard light switch in my bathroon I'd like to replace.
The new swich I bought is a switch and an outlet all in one, switch on
top half outlet on bottom half..

Can someone please explain how to hook this up.

Current I have black/black in and out of the old switch and the green/
bare wire. The white wire it capped off in the back not connected to
anything.

Thanks for your assitance,
Felix