Posted to alt.home.repair
DanG DanG is offline

Default putting on insulation backwards

Shove it in with the VB the correct direction, friction will hold
it just fine..

--
______________________________
Keep the whole world singing . . . .

"Eigenvector" wrote in message
. ..

"Joseph Meehan" wrote in message
Eigenvector wrote:
On one wall I have to install insulation, but unfortunately
its going
to be installed on the wrong side of the wall for the vapor
barrier. I personally haven't found a source for insulation
that doesn't have
a vapor barrier - otherwise this would be a moot point, but
I'm
wondering if I can just push the insulation into the wall -
vapor
barrier and all. It should stay put from friction but I
didn't want
to just start stuffing it in there and have it turn out to be
a bad
idea.

If I understand you correctly you are working from the cold
side so the vapor barrier should be on the other side. Yes you
normally could use just friction fit. As noted the barrier
usually comes off easy or you can slit it if that is not
possible. I would use friction fit to keep the barrier where
it belongs.

--
Joseph Meehan

Alright, just checking. Another person asked why I wasn't
looking too hard for non-backed insulation and the answer to
that was because I have a bunch of rolls of backed insulation
already.