Posted to alt.home.repair
DanG DanG is offline

Default How to hang pictures on brick walls?

There is a very small diameter nail used by drop ceiling
installers called a hard pin. They are made for nailing wall
angle to plaster, brick, block, etc. These are not "masonry
nails" as such. They are unique to the ceiling trade. I don't
expect you would find them at the Borgs. Stop at any commercial
ceiling/drywall supply house.

I looked, but could not find an example to show. These nails are
about an inch long and smaller in diameter than a number 4 finish
nail with a small head. They are plenty hard enough to drive in
block and mortar..

--
______________________________
Keep the whole world singing . . . .

"Northe" wrote in message
Our outer walls are essentially plaster over slump block/brick.
Can anyone suggest a simple and reliable way to hang pictures?
At the local hardware store, the clerk recommended a small
diameter masonry drill and masonry screws -- they'll work, I'm
sure, but it seems a bit radical.

Any alternate suggestions?

Northe
(In southern Arizona where slump block and baked adobe walls are
the norm)