Posted to alt.home.repair

Default new construction home, but installing wood laminate soon after

"inblosam" wrote in message
ps.com...
From everything I've read wood laminate flooring is more durable,

stain resistant, and less to maintain than wood or eng. wood. I've got
3 small kids too. Plus it's on a concrete slab, and from what I've
read it's a pain, costly, and risky to put wood on a concrete slab
(moisture, etc).

My other choice is tile, we just thought a really nice textured wood
laminate (Wilsonart, handscraped) would look great in there.

Wilsonaart is much better than most laminates. They also have some nice
tiles for foyers and such. On a slab you do need a moisture barrier. I'd
take up the vinyl and do it right.