Posted to alt.home.repair

Default new construction home, but installing wood laminate soon after

"inblosam" wrote in message

1) We would much prefer not having to do the quarter round molding
because our baseboards are so elegant and so new. Is there any way to
do this easily without the quarter round and without too much trouble
with the baseboard.

If the baseboards are elegant, why are you putting laminate down? Put wood
or engineered wood. It does not matter how elegant the baseboard is if you
use plastic floors.

2) We'd prefer to not have to pull up the vinyl, is that okay to put
the wood laminate right on top?

Maybe, but ask the manufacturer. You will still need to either add the
quarter round or take off the baseboard and put them back after the floor
goes in. It is important to leave a gap at the edges for expansion.