Posted to alt.home.repair
Art Art is offline

Default new construction home, but installing wood laminate soon after

You can put laminate on vinyl but the vinyl is probably only attached at the
edges so I would remove it. Leaving it is just something else to go wrong.

Laminate pretty much requires the quarter round molding. It slips into it
and give it expansion room. Download installation instructions for the
laminate you are considering so you know what is going on.

"inblosam" wrote in message
s.com...
We are building a new home but unfortunately they won't install the
wood laminate flooring that we would like (in entry, formal dining,
den, and kitchen, all connected). They will install vinyl flooring and
then after we close in we can have it put in. We have some concerns
though and need some advice:

1) We would much prefer not having to do the quarter round molding
because our baseboards are so elegant and so new. Is there any way to
do this easily without the quarter round and without too much trouble
with the baseboard.

2) We'd prefer to not have to pull up the vinyl, is that okay to put
the wood laminate right on top?

Thanks!!