Posted to alt.home.repair
Mike Hartigan Mike Hartigan is offline

Default larger grill tank?

Not to go too far off on a tangent, but since you're considering a
100# tank, I'll assume that portability is not a requirement. In
that case, why not simply convert the grill to natural gas? It's
much cheaper than propane, *far* more convenient, and you'll never
run out in the middle of a cookout. A conversion kit should be
available from the grill manufacturer and would likely consist of
replacement orifice(s), a hose, and maybe a regulator. (Of course,
if NG is not available where you live, then forget I mentioned it.)

In article , tkendr01
@yahoo.com says...
A 100# tank weighs more like 150-160# filled. I have a pair of 50#
(12.5 gallons each) that I could hook up to a grill, though I only run
a fish cooker from one at a time.
Check what the refill prices for 40, 50 and 100 pound tanks are to see
where the economy lies. The 40# must have an OPD while the 50 and 100
do not as they are more for commercial use.

On 22 Feb 2007 18:47:12 -0800, "higgledy" wrote:

I saw these 100lbs propane tanks at Costco, I'd love get one hooked up
to my grill then get regular service from my gas company. Is it
within code for a plumber to connect a 100lbs tank to my grill?