Posted to rec.woodworking
Mortimer Schnerd, RN Mortimer Schnerd, RN is offline

Default I finally have a gloat!!!

N Hurst wrote:
While this is true, I do have a problem with people showing up in a
discussion in progress simply to correct someone, and contribute
nothing else. I admit I misspelled vise. If I could have edited the
entry, I would have, but this format doesn't allow that.

I'm one who values spelling and grammar on the internet simply because it's the
only measure I have of your intelligence. We have never met nor are we likely
to in the future. You might be a very talented guy but all I can see of you is
what you write.

I say this knowing full well I misspell and mistype words regularly... but I try
to present my best front to he world. Sometimes excitement precludes me editing
my comments before I send them on their way.

I've been corrected by others before and my usual emotion is embarassment. The
only reply necessary is either a "oops" statement or none at all. These
corrections aren't just aimed at you, btw. The "vise/vise, sale/sell", etc
mistakes are very common. Every now and then it just bubbles over. G

Sorry... I'll get off the soap box now.

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN
mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com