Posted to alt.home.repair
avid_hiker avid_hiker is offline

Default How to hang pictures on brick walls?

On Feb 23, 9:06 am, Northe wrote:
Our outer walls are essentially plaster over slump block/brick. Can
anyone suggest a simple and reliable way to hang pictures? At the local
hardware store, the clerk recommended a small diameter masonry drill and
masonry screws -- they'll work, I'm sure, but it seems a bit radical.

Any alternate suggestions?

Northe
(In southern Arizona where slump block and baked adobe walls are the norm)

I am not familiar with any other method.....other than possibly
putting up some wood or something similiar outside the plaster and
hanging anything to it rather than the brick.....but if you do end up
using the screws and the wall is an exterior wall.......remember to
use a sealant over the screw thread to properly seal it from any
moisture , etc that might work its way in.
Cheers,

Dean